The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) is a general English language proficiency test.
There are two versions of the CELPIP Test: the CELPIP-General Test and the CELPIP-General LS Test. The CELPIP-General Test assesses functional Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking skills. In addition to being accepted by IRCC, the CELPIP-General Test is accepted by the Real Estate Council of British Columbia and Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council. The CELPIP-General LS Test assesses functional Listening and Speaking proficiency.
Why Should we Take CELPIP Test?
The CELPIP Test allows test takers to demonstrate their ability to function in English. The test clearly, accurately, and precisely assesses a test taker’s English abilities in a variety of everyday situations, such as communicating with co-workers and superiors in the workplace, interacting with friends, understanding newscasts, and interpreting and responding to written materials.
- The CELPIP Test is a Canadian Test and incorporates Canadian English and accents. Individuals wishing to immigrate and adapt to life in Canada will benefit from using the English that they hear and use in their day-to-day activities. Test takers who have been immersing themselves into Canadian culture will better understand and relate to the Canadian English and accents used in the CELPIP Test.
- The CELPIP Test is fully computer delivered, providing test takers the opportunity to complete all test components in one test sitting, with no additional appointments or interviews. CELPIP test takers use a computer mouse and keyboard to complete Reading and Writing components of the test, and a computer microphone and headset to complete the Listening and Speaking components of the test. Computerized tests offer test takers a quick and reliable testing experience.
- The results of the CELPIP Test are available online in eight business days. Test takers can also choose to add Express Rating so that scores are available online in just three business days.
ECLPIP Test Format
The CELPIP Test is available in two versions: the CELPIP-General Test and the CELPIP-General LS Test.
The CELPIP-General Test has four components—Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking,—and the CELPIP-General LS Test has two components—Listening and Speaking.
The total test time for the CELPIP-General Test is about 3 hours. The total test time for the CELPIP-General LS Test is about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
The CELPIP Test is fully computer delivered, providing test takers the opportunity to complete all test components in one sitting with no additional appointments, interviews, or test sittings required. CELPIP Test Takers use a computer mouse and keyboard to complete Reading and Writing components of the test, and a computer microphone and headset to complete the Listening and Speaking components. Computerized tests offer test takers a quick and reliable testing experience.
How to Book CELPIP Slot
- WHICH TEST ARE YOU TAKING?
- WHAT IS THE PRIMARY REASON YOU WANT TO TAKE THIS TEST?
- SELECT A TEST SITTING
- *Sign in* (If you don't have, Create one!)
- Submit proof of Identity
- Pay fee, get the appointment confirmed.